8th CARC, September 6-8, 2018
E-poster presentation will be an important component of the 8th CARC, in order to promote exchange of ideas and experience among delegates. Our E-poster consists of an abstract and a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation.
E-poster presentation topics
Your presentation may be scientific research or social study. From the theme “Women’s wellbeing: A global perspective” the following topics are acceptable for presentation:
1. Women’s health: diseases, addiction, prevention, infection, trauma, cancer, non-communicable diseases, psychological problems, etc.
2. Women’s welfare: gender inequality, leadership, empowerment, violence against women, sexual harassment, mother and child, law, teenage pregnancy, marriage, divorce, etc.
3. Children welfare: prevention, protection, birth defect, executive function, family relationship, etc.
4. End of life: palliative care, good death, etc.
Guidelines for E-poster presentation:
Our E-poster consists of an abstract and a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation. Delegates are asked to send an abstract for the Scientific committee to consider and, if selected, will bring the PowerPoint to present during the Congress.
1. Submission of abstract
1) All abstracts (and PowerPoints) must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of good quality suitable for publication. The deadline for abstract submission is May 31, 2018. After the abstract is accepted, you will have to bring your PowerPoint to the Congress on September 6, 2018. Please send your abstract to our Secretariat at www.carc2018.com
2) The presenting author is requested to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract (and PowerPoint) before submission to the Secretariat. Please adhere to the researcher’s ethical principles and avoid plagiarism, fabrication.
3) Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the Proceedings and your PowerPoint will be posted on the Congress website after the Congress.
4) Presenting authors must be registered participants. Registration fee must be received by the Secretariat to ensure inclusion in the Scientific Program. Please include your Registration Number when you send in your abstract. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific committee and assigned to appropriate sessions.
5) Content of abstract (from c-h not more than 250 words). Please use Font Cordia, size 14.
a. Your title of presentation.
b. Name of investigators, underline the presenter’s name, institute of principal investigator, country
d. Objectives of the study
6) The abstract must be sent to the Secretariat before May 31, 2018. When the Scientific committee has accepted your abstract, an Abstract Number will be assigned to your abstract and the result will be sent to you by email as soon as possible.
2. Preparation of your PowerPoint
For 7-minute presentation, you should not use more than 10 PowerPoint slides to present your content:
1) Please prepare the content as in content of abstract.
2) Please add your allocated Abstract Number on your first slide.
3) Please make sure the font size is large enough to be readable from a 2-meter distance.
4) Pictures, graphs and tables can be included in the presentation.
5) Videos and music cannot be included in the presentation.
3. At the Congress
1) Please come to load your PowerPoint in the e-Poster area via USB drive, anytime from 08:30 to 9:30 a.m. on the day of your session. E-Posters are to be displayed from 10:00 – 15:30; unmanned from 10:00 to 13:30, and must be manned from 13:30 to 15:30. E-posters presenters do not have to stand by their E-posters all day.
2) Either on September 6, or 7, 2018, between 13:30-15:30, you will be requested to be in the e-Poster area for 10 minutes to orally present your E-poster. At the end of your presentation you will be asked questions. The Chair of your session will facilitate questions from the audience. The time for presentation is 7 minutes, followed by 2 minutes for questions & answers.
Diagram showing steps in E-poster presentation